Tuesday, September 5, 2017

5. X DNA

I am understanding DNA better after a year.  Here are two resources that I am excited about.


  •      One neat resource by Ann Turner is her text list of numbers that show which ancestors a person can have that might have x dna   Ahentafel X list .  This helps prove why my Pocahontas DNA wouldn't show up... I need more uncles and great uncles to  share dna for my mother's paternal lines.



  •      Another neat software program is Charting Companion  http://progenygenealogy.com/Products/Family-Tree-Charts    I love the x dna fan chart program that prints out on 8' x11" paper!  I also have saved the pdf and emailed it to cousins to try to get them to "SPIT" dna for me.     

  • I am amazed at how my sister, brother, mom and dad  have different dna  results.  Get everyone tested especially if you only have men... get a female  and visa versa!

  • I am not happy with Ancestry.com's changes with their "security" due to lawsuits.  I am an administrator of several family members.  I am the only one who is doing the genealogy and the information matters to me more than to others.  I worry that their new changes may not help people who are technological or genealogically challenged people share their info to their family administrator.




No comments:

Post a Comment